Saturday, November 19, 2005

8.20.05

This is my first and only page in the journal I started when I decided to start looking into gastric bypass surgery.

So on Aug. 11, I had my “consult” with the surgeon. Well, I actually met with the nurse practioner. So, I found out I have to go for a bunch of tests. But, that is fine. I need to have an abdominal ultrasound, exercise stress test, blood work, nutritional consult, have a psych evaluation, attend 2 support group meetings, and attend an orientation session. The good news is that my therapist is going to do my psych evaluation. Yippee!! Anyways, I have to have all the above done before I meet with the surgeon Sept. 21. Wow. The orientation is Sept. 7. Hopefully, I will have my stress test and ultrasound that day too. Also, I will do my blood work that day too.

I have begun my journey. It is alittle hard to believe. I have appointments. This is really happening.

No comments: